I am a Document Engineer presently working in Saudi Arabia, I have received an offer from Brunei with a salary of BND 5,700 and housing allowance of BND 5,700 excluding food & transportation. I want to know if this salary is sufficient to live in Brunei. How is the cost of living and standard of living there and how much would I be spending on food? Thanks

Shantalie on 8 Nov 2012
Hi Keo,

Brunei is fast becoming a popular destination for expats because of the country's relativley low cost of living. The standard of living in Brunei is very high. 

Accommodation prices in Brunei, depending on where you live. Foreigners tend to have difficulty buying land or property in Brunei, so your best bet is to to rent. You can find a small apartment BND 500 but a larger house would cost over BND 2000. 

The price of food in Brunei is reasonable. Although, if you want certain imported produce this will naturally be more expensive.

Our Brunei Country Guide is a work in progress, but you might like to take a look at the Moving to Brunei page for an overview of the destination.

I hope this information helps. Good luck with the move.