Help with culture concerns about schools in Jeddah?

Moe's picture
By Moe - Posted on
03 February 2016

Hello Guys, A friend is looking for an international school in Jeddah, he is concerned about his children... is it obligatory to attend Arabic and Islamic culture? even in schools like conti? or aisj?

AlexL's picture

Hi Moe

Have a look at our International schools in Jeddah page. As you'll see, many of the schools listed follow the American or British curricula, and the language of instruction is English. The students are not required to take part in Islamic activities. 

Kind regards,
Alex
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Alex, I have been through the sites, and seen some weekly plans, I could fine Quran lesson as well as Islamic Culture, but what I could understand from your kind that its not obligatory even so.
I'm right?

AlexL's picture

Hi Moe

From what I can understand, there is a choice at the international schools for children to take part in Arabic and Islamic lessons- however it might be best to contact the schools directly or via email. 

Kind regards,
Alex

kjaved's picture
Last seen: 36 weeks 21 hours ago

Hi There,

Our family is in the process of relocating to Jeddah and we are bit concerned about kids schooling. The reason being majority of schools have already closed their admission for the term starting from this Aug/ Sep. So I am wondering what would people like in our situation can do when arriving after the admissions have been closed. Any valuable suggestions would be much appreciated.

Read more posts about Saudi Arabia