How risky is it to move to Florida with all these hurricanes around?

Anya's picture
By Anya - Posted on
13 September 2017
Hi everyone

I've been offered a great job in Florida, and in light of all these recent hurricanes, I'm rethinking it. I know it's hurricane season and such, but if I'm constantly worrying about evacuating every year, I don't know if it's worth it. I'm also not from a place where natural disasters like earthquakes and hurricanes occur, so I have no experience or any idea if the media frenzy about it has any merit.

So a question to people living in Florida: how bad does it really get? Is it a constant fear? Should I be looking for a place with a bunker? 

Thanks for your opinions,
Anya

Read more posts about The USA