How risky is it to move to Florida with all these hurricanes around?

Anya's picture
By Anya - Posted on
13 September 2017
Hi everyone

I've been offered a great job in Florida, and in light of all these recent hurricanes, I'm rethinking it. I know it's hurricane season and such, but if I'm constantly worrying about evacuating every year, I don't know if it's worth it. I'm also not from a place where natural disasters like earthquakes and hurricanes occur, so I have no experience or any idea if the media frenzy about it has any merit.

So a question to people living in Florida: how bad does it really get? Is it a constant fear? Should I be looking for a place with a bunker? 

Thanks for your opinions,
Anya
Anonymous

People in FL don't have to evacuate that often. FL is an amazing place to live (if not a little humid)Take the chance. Whats the worst thing that could happen? You could return home. Look how much you will have learned.Go for it!

Anya's picture

Hi Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. Do you live in FL? I've heard that it can be really humid. Is it the same more north, close to the border with Alabama? I'll be working in Crestview.

Thanks!
Anya 
Anonymous

I grew up in NW Florida and it is a great place. Don't let the fear of hurricanes scare you away. You could go years and not have one come to the area. It does get very humid there but you will be surrounded by the most beautiful beaches! The sand is so white it looks like snow. Go for it and enjoy the adventure!

Read more posts about The USA