Import tax on household/personal items when moving to Russia

Petra's picture
By Petra - Posted on
25 October 2012
I have heard that the Import tax on household/personal items when moving to Russia is EUR 4.00 per kg. Is this true? Does anyone know pls? Thank you
Anonymous

Yes it is true, I moved last summer 2012 and you must pay to Russian customs when your goods arrived 4 euros/kg. You can find furniture here at Ikea for much cheaper prices than bringing your own. Look for semi-furnished/furnished apartments

Anonymous

?I just was reading that Russia dropped the Import tax for the personal furniture and other belongings as of 2011.

Anonymous

What is the factual situation?

Anonymous

I have beautiful furniture now why would I go for cheap Ikea? If you are a student: maybe. But we are looking for a long stay... But... 4 euro per kg is absolute robbery! our China cabinet alone will take at least 300 kg...So... what is a real situation?

Read more posts about Russia