Posted by RW-admin
on 28 Oct 2015

I want to move to Cape Town in a few months.
One of my friends told me that everywhere is closed around 7pm. Is that true?
if yes why is it like this? is it because of a lack of security there?
which places are closed?

Thanks,
Yasamin

AlexL on 30 Oct 2015
Hi Yasamin,

I can assure you that Cape Town does not have a curfew, and many places- like bars and restaurants- are open till late. In fact, Cape Town is known for its incredible restaurants, cafes, markets and malls. See more about Lifestyle and Shopping in Cape Town here. 

Also have a look at our Safety in South Africa page, to get a better sense of what to expect.

Where in Cape Town do you want to live?

Kind regards,
Alex