Expert Info

Posted by
on 26 Oct 2014

I am British and my wife is Norwegian. We both have NIE numbers but are registered as Non Residents.

We have been working and living in Dubai for almost 4 years. We purchased property in Spain (Mijas Costa) in August this year.

I will be changing employment - but still outside Spain.

We intend to sea freight our personal effects to our property in Spain, which should arrive in Malaga Port at the end of January 2015.

What documents are required by the Spanish customs and immigration? I have heard so many stories that if the shipment is from outside the EU, then we will not be entitled to tax free shipment - Please clarify and indicate as to what correct documentation is required.

Many thanks..

Rick P.

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna Global

Aetna is an award-winning insurance business that provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. Their high quality health insurance plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of expats living and working abroad.

Get a quote from Aetna International

Bupa Global

Bupa Global's international private medical insurance offers expats direct access to some of the very best doctors and hospitals in the world. Bupa is chosen by individuals who value expertise, freedom and quality. You can choose to see your preferred doctor close to home or a specialist in another country. Their health insurance plans are designed for day-to-day healthcare needs too.

Get a quote from Bupa Global