Relocating to Spain as an Expat?

Rick Power's picture
By Rick Power - Posted on
26 October 2014

I am British and my wife is Norwegian. We both have NIE numbers but are registered as Non Residents.

We have been working and living in Dubai for almost 4 years. We purchased property in Spain (Mijas Costa) in August this year.

I will be changing employment - but still outside Spain.

We intend to sea freight our personal effects to our property in Spain, which should arrive in Malaga Port at the end of January 2015.

What documents are required by the Spanish customs and immigration? I have heard so many stories that if the shipment is from outside the EU, then we will not be entitled to tax free shipment - Please clarify and indicate as to what correct documentation is required.

Many thanks..

Rick P.

Read more posts about Spain