Will my old TB scar affect my Oman medical fitness assessment for visa?

Nati's picture
By Nati - Posted on
20 July 2016

I have got a job offer in Oman but i have old TB scar but no sickness as i have completed all medication 15 years ago. Right now my sputum and blood result shows -ve result. I can get visa or not? and also do they check every time they renew the visa ?

Hi Nati,

As Oman is a member of the GCC Approved Medical Centers Association (GAMCA), the GAMCA regulations most likely do apply - it's true that they have been known to turn people away for old TB scars coming through on x-rays but there is an outcry against this by applicants as it's considered unfair. There are stories floating around about people who were declared medically unfit on the basis of such a scar but managed to prove via a particular medical test that there was no active or latent tuberculosis in their system which could get re-activated - and then they were granted the visa. How true, accurate or useful that story is, though, I can't say. I would advise contacting your prospective employer for advice as they may have experience from navigating the visa system before, or contact the Omani consulate in your country.

Anonymous

Dear Meagan,
I would like to thank you for taking your time and reply my question.

Nati

Anonymous

I wish to know more about a visit visa to oman

Hey there. What nationality are you? You can check out the list on this page of countries eligible to receive a visitor's visa on arrival in Oman. In this case, you'll need a valid passport and ideally proof of onward travel within a reasonable time frame (within two months or less).
Anonymous

After reached Oman may have medical test from Oman?

Read more posts about Oman