Posted by stmp0708

My husband and I are moving with my parents in HCMC, VN. They are living there as expats right now, working for a US company. I want to know what is available for work as well as if a work permit is needed. We will have the multi-entry 3 month Visa. My husband is a computer technician and builds/repairs computers. Software and Hardware issues. We are hoping he can start a business or just self-employ himself. It seems as though there is a lot of need for good computer repair, but I want to make sure he is able to work on his own without a work permit, or if a work permit is needed, would he be able to get one without a degree? He has many, many years doing this work, even as a teenager for his school. As for me, I have customer service experience but that is about it. I do not have a degree, but I am looking for options about schooling. Aside from that, what is there available to do? Thank you for your time and help!

Anonymous (not verified) on 20 Apr 2016
I thought the new law allowed the 3 month visa to extend for a full year either upon renewal, or it is just transfered over. That is what we told to my parents over there.
vietnamvisainfo on 20 Apr 2016
Hi, We highly recommend your family should take business visa when enter into Vietnam if you get long staying. As new law from Vietnam government, all customers enter in Vietnam under tourist visa, they can only take 01 month extension when their visa has expired. Thanks
annanguyen on 26 Apr 2016
Dear Mrs. I think you can find job easily in English center such as ILA or VUS. They will train you after you participate in their school. Hope you can find a good job
annanguyen on 26 Apr 2016
And if you need any consult about health insurance, please feel free to contact me . Anna Nguyen Mobile: (+84) 9 871 72 347 |Skype: dungnguyen5591. email: dungnguyen@pacificcross.com.vn
Anonymous (not verified) on 24 May 2016
Hi, Anyone aware of the US/UK/EU IT Staffing industry in Vietnam?...........Abhi, abhimansaikia163@gmail.com