Actual living costs for family in Kuwait?

melissafitness's picture
By melissafitness - Posted on
18 March 2017

Hello!

I am in the early stages of negotiating a relocation to Kuwait with myself and my two children and I am trying to work-out some realistic living expenses in order to move towards a salary negotiation.

Could any families living there now give me some guidance?

Rent
Utlilities
Running a car
School Fees and additional expenses
Insurance
Groceries
Leisure
Lifestyle

Thank you!

Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago

Hi Melissa,

I suggest you check out expatistan.com and numbeo.com – both are cost of living websites which can give you a good estimate of a number of common expenses in Kuwait.

Accommodation would be your main expense, and may monopolise a fair chunk of your salary. Read more: Accommodation in Kuwait.

The cost of education would depend on a lot of things, such as whether you plan to send your children to a local or international school. International schools are chosen by most expat parents in Kuwait but these tend to be very expensive. The age of your children will also have an impact on this, as fees tend to increase as a child progresses through the various grades of primary school and high school. You can read more about education in Kuwait by clicking here.

Cars and petrol are relatively inexpensive in Kuwait.

When are you planning on moving? Will your company be sorting out you and your family's visas or will you be arranging it yourself?

Read more posts about Kuwait