Hi guys, we're thinking of moving to Turkey soon as I'm an English teacher and I have heard there are good opportunities there. I'm jsut worried about the schooling options for my kids. We're British so I'd like to try keep my kids in a school that follows the British curriculum. Are there any good international schools in Istanbul? Preferably ones that follow the British or IB programmes...
Anonymous (not verified) on 21 Oct 2014
There is IB curriculum British International School
Anonymous (not verified) on 30 Jun 2015
Hi there, There is also Keystone International Schools, located in the Asian side right by the bridge in Camlica. The school follows the Californian curriculum.
Daniela Barbasura on 20 Mar 2015
There are a few...but all depends on your buget and very important where are you going to live, asian or european side, cause Istanbul has a very bad traffic. I was looking myself to enroll my daughter to an international school, but I could not do that cause their prices are too high, therefore now she is going to Doga Koleji, where she is happy for now. She didnt know turkish language at first, but now she is good at it:) You can check: IICS, BISI, MEF International and Gateway
fatima adil on 23 Jul 2018

Hi I'm looking for affordable high schools too can you tell me the fees for this school 

dalya on 19 Nov 2018

Hi, i live in dubai and we are planning to move to istanbul and im looking for a british or american school for my children but i can see that the prices is too high do you have any idea if there is a good british or american school with affordable price and good at the same time and specially good with the kids?

Meagan on 26 Nov 2018

Hi Dalya,

How many children do you have and how old are they? Tuition for younger children is less expensive than for older children. Also, some schools offer a discount if a second child is enrolled in the same school. Some schools have funding available for families who would otherwise be unable to afford the school's fees. It's well worth doing a bit of research on this to find out if there may be a school with suitable option for your family.

A good place to start your search would be the Expat Arrivals page on International Schools in Istanbul. There are a number of options there, listed with their websites and curriculum offered. Most school websites make it easy to find out about the cost of fees and the possibility of financial aid. If not, you should be able to get in touch with the school's administration or admission departments for clarity.

Best of luck with your search.

lacedwjoy on 8 Jul 2019

Small Hands International Academy is a great location for foreigners. They've been in Istanbul for 23 years and have three locations for 2-6 year olds and one location for Primary - Secondary. They implement the EYFS British Curriculum and each class has a native English teacher. Aside from English, they offer Turkish, German and Japanese immersion programs. All of their nursery campuses are in old homes and very warm and welcoming with lovely and spacious gardens. 

http://www.smallhands.org/