Posted by Akshara
Hi All, I have moved to Qatar last year after getting married (my husband is working in Doha) and I resigned my job in India with assumption that I can easily get a Software developer job in Doha who has 4 years of working experience. However it is not the same situation here. I applied to many openings for dot net developer in Qatar but I did not receive any response from the companies (not even interview call). My question is Do I really get a job in Qatar without any personal recommendations ?
Akshara on 20 Apr 2016
Hi, Thank you for your response, yes I have tried contacting Indian companies which have work location in Doha, however they are not interested in recruiting female candidates. As per your suggestion I will definitely try to make networks. Thanks, Akshara
AnnaDanishek on 20 Apr 2016
I suppose remote work should be the best option now. Their refuse to recruite female candidates is outrageous
Shantalie on 20 Apr 2016

Have the companies told you outright that it is because you are a woman that they won't employ you?

Perhaps you can speak to the HR department at your husbands company as well?

Shantalie on 20 Apr 2016

It is not impossible for you to get a job in Qatar without connections but networking does help. Have you spoken to employers in India and asked about opportunities to work in their Doha offices?

Read more about finding jobs in qatar on the Working in Qatar page.

Anonymous (not verified) on 21 Apr 2016
Hi, Yes, when I reached them through phone call they said they are recruiting only male candidates. And I tried in company where my husband is working, as per their company policy they won't allow wife and husband to work in same company (weird thing). Currently I am working part time remotely as freelancer. I am looking to work full time in a good company, I will try for few more months before relocating to other country. Thank you Shantalie , AnnaDanishek for your response. Regards Akshara
Akshara on 21 Apr 2016