Hi! I've recently relocated to Bangalore, and I've discovered that nearly anything is possible here if you know who to ask. But that's the trouble -- without speaking Hindi or Kannada it's very difficult for me to tap into the local economy to find things like a maid, cook, carpenter, plumber, etc. I need someone to help me navigate the scene: someone who at leasts speaks hindi but ideally Kannada as well who can help connect me to these other local services, and also help with one-off errands (like finding a good used bicycle, etc). Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Warm regards, -Ben
bib5975 on 3 Sep 2014
you could browse through local online portals like ( www.sulekha.com ) or classified sections of the news papers where you will advertisements from local placement agencies who offer services of arranging maids drivers and you need to pay the service fee if you take from them . Be careful to make a complete scrutiny of the identity and whereabouts like id card and residency proof and as a regulation and ask for a police verification copy before you hire them . As to the one of errands you could find them in various websites like expatriates.com, craiglist.com or olx.in . Have a happy stay in bangalore . Regards/Bibhuti
expathelper on 20 Oct 2016
I would like to help you. I speak fluent english,hindi and kannada. I can get all your errands done and also teach you hindi and kannada.Contact me with your phone number and e-mail id. Rakesh