Moving to China

joskowski99's picture
By joskowski99 - Posted on
03 June 2012
I should soon have a job offer which includes accomodation, health insurance etc. However, I want my boyfriend to move out to China with me. Does he need a job before arriving or could he live off my salary until he finds work?
GabyS's picture

South Africa

Hi Joskowski99

If you and your boyfriend were married, he'd be able to go over on a dependency visa and look for a job once he was there. But I'm afraid since he isn't your spouse, he will have to find a job before moving to China.

He'll need to start by finding a job, negotiating a contract, and then having his employer obtain an employment license and a letter of invitation for him. Once he's done that he can apply for a Z visa (work visa), which is valid for 90 days. On arrival in China, he'll need to apply for a work permit and a residence permit. You'll also have to organise all of this for yourself - see the Work permits for China page for more detailed information.
Anonymous

Nyc Moving Company
Shleppers has been New York's leading relocation and moving company.

sara197536's picture

After many years living and working in China, I would like to share some of my experiences, in particular our children’s education. If you’re moving to China or considering an international school in China then hopefully my insights can offer some benefit.

Read more posts about China