Posted by kvargr
on 13 Feb 2018

Hello,

I am in the process of deciding whether to move to China for a teaching job, and would like to request some information about moving to China with a child. Are there any sites for schools in the Zhengzhou area, public or private. It's been very difficult to find information about the schools. My guess is that I would have to move there then figure it out but I don't want to be in that position.

My daughter has been offered a place at a local school for 1,000 RMB a month, which has been the cheapest offer so far.

International schools seem to be 1,000% outside of my budget ranging in 5-figures.

Can anyone give me advice about this?

Shantalie on 1 Mar 2018
Hi Kvagr

Yes, the decision on the best schooling option for your child in a pretty big consideration when moving to China.

I would advise you to check on the language of instruction at the local school before making a commitment. It's also worth nothing that the style of teaching in China can be very different to that used in Western countries. Local schools aren't always a viable option for expat children so I would suggest visiting the school if you have the chance.

Have a look at the Expat Arrival Education and Schools in China page for a little more background information. 

Where are you moving from? How long are you going to be in China?

Let me know if you need any more advice.