What are the best schools in China?

kvargr's picture
By kvargr - Posted on
13 February 2018

I am in the process of deciding whether to move to China for a teaching job, and would like to request some information about moving to China with a child. Are there any sites for schools in the Zhengzhou area, public or private. It's been very difficult to find information about the schools. My guess is that I would have to move there then figure it out but I don't want to be in that position.

My daughter has been offered a place at a local school for 1,000 RMB a month, which has been the cheapest offer so far.

International schools seem to be 1,000% outside of my budget ranging in 5-figures.

Can anyone give me advice about this?

Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago

Hi Kvagr

Yes, the decision on the best schooling option for your child in a pretty big consideration when moving to China.

I would advise you to check on the language of instruction at the local school before making a commitment. It's also worth nothing that the style of teaching in China can be very different to that used in Western countries. Local schools aren't always a viable option for expat children so I would suggest visiting the school if you have the chance.

Have a look at the Expat Arrival Education and Schools in China page for a little more background information. 

Where are you moving from? How long are you going to be in China?

Let me know if you need any more advice.

Read more posts about China