Posted by RuzannaZakharyan
on 16 Feb 2017

Hi,I am 35 years old woman from Armenia, i have 5 years old son and i raise him alone,and it is hard for me to raise him in my country. i was traveling to Norway and i loved that country. I want to move there with my son. Can someone help me or give me any advise how to start. What do i need for it.

Meagan on 16 Feb 2017
Hi Ruzanna,

The answer to your question would vary quite widely depending on your nationality. Can you tell me what country you're from? Also, what industry do you work in? Then I can give you a more comprehensive answer.

RuzannaZakharyan on 16 Feb 2017
Hi Meagan, thank you for your respond. I am from Armenia, i work in telecommunication field
Meagan on 16 Feb 2017
Hi Ruzanna,

To work in Norway, you would need a work permit and a residence permit. To obtain a work permit, you would first need to secure a job. As a non-EU citizen, this might be tricky. You can try searching online for jobs or going through a recruitment agency. For more, have a look at our pages on Visas for Norway and Working in Norway.

Best of luck with your search!

Anonymous (not verified) on 30 Jun 2017
I would like to retire in Norway--become an ex-pat...how do I do this?
Meagan on 3 Jul 2017
Hi Anonymous,

What nationality are you?

jmaturan9 on 26 Feb 2018
hi, i want to move to norway and i am from the United States. could i get some help on this. Also, my fiance is norwegian.