Work visas in Malaysia

Dave's picture
By Dave - Posted on
13 April 2011
Is it hard to get a work visa for Malaysia? Any tips on making it easier getting through all the red tape?
Dave's picture

Claremont, Cape Town

Johannesburg

Dave's Website
There is no doubt the Malaysian government is very strict about issuing work permits to expats. Remember that the work permit is linked to a specific job with a specific employer, so in order to get it the employer must demonstrate the required skills and experience are not available in the local market. A work visa is definately easier to get if the employer makes the application.
Anonymous

Coming into Malaysia with a social visa and working is illegal so before you arrive into the country... have all you work permits sorted out.

apexpoint's picture

Working on a social visa is illegal in Malaysia...make sure you have your work permit sorted out before you come into the country

Anonymous

I want go to malaysia for study & working

Anonymous

how i know that my permit is into proccess matter..im overstayed in i got my employer they said they already proces my permit i paid half of the amount..now almost im waited until now they not give my permit?how?

Anonymous

per time job visa

Anonymous

Hi.. you need to have a employer who will sponsor for a job.You need to be specialised in IT, Oil and gas

apexpoint's picture

In order to work in Malaysia.. you do need to get a company that is employing you. YOu need to be specialised in IT, Engineering, Oil and gas specialist. You cannot just come into Malaysia thinking you will get a work permit as it is not that right. If you coming in on a social visit pass and then work in Malaysia.. if caught you will be blacklisted and not be able to come into Malaysia again. Beware of scams.

Anonymous

DEAR SIR
MY NAME IS MOHAMMED YAHIYA KHAN . SIR ,WHAT IS THE
A VALID WORK PERMIT VISA OF MALAYSIA NAMES OF YAHIYA KHAN.HOW CHEK
THIS VISA TELL ME SIR. HOW CAN FOUND MALASIA VISA. .MY VISA COME IN
NEXT WEEK MY AGEND TOLD ME. WHAT IS THE MALAYSIA WORK VISA FIND
.REALLY.TRAVELS AGENT IS NAME s REHAN TRAVELS IN KOLKATA.. CAN YOU
SEND DETAIL MY NAME VISA IS COME . THANK YOU SIR
MY E MAIL YKGORI@GMAIL.COM
MOB. 09950151414

Anonymous

Hi.dear sir, am trouble about my visa. can malasiya gov issue work visa bcz i've summited my document along passport in office to get work visa for malasiya befor 2 month and my aget alaways says wait when i ask him about my visa.plz sir tell me realy malasian gov issue work visa or not??

Anonymous

Hi

I am not sure what visa you are under. Malaysian government gives visa for Expatriate but it has to be an engineer or IT specialist. If it is for general workers then the employers have to get your work visa.

skumar's picture

Hi, I am from India. I have a job offer of 11000 MYR and the work location is in Cyberjaya. I would like someone suggest me whether the salary offered is good enough for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids. both the kids are in schools. Please suggest me what could be the average per months expenses including education for kids in a private school. your response is valuable please help. Sunil

Anonymous

Does an employee, who has work permit in Malaysia, need additional visa?

Read more posts about Malaysia