Any personal experience with British schools in Singapore?

The Seneschal's picture
By The Seneschal - Posted on
24 June 2016

Hi, we're just trying to find out whether a move to Singapore would work for us and would love to hear personal experience and advice. We have had three years in Europe so have done a move before. We're British with four children. We have two who from Sept would be yr 7 and 9 at a selective all girls grammar school. No3 child will be yr 6 and taking the 11+ with the hope that he would be getting a place at a selective all boys grammar and then no4 child will just be starting primary school. My main worry is schooling. Would anyone recommend or avoid any particular schools? I think we'd be looking at private schooling but as I'm just beginning to learn what's on offer this isn't certain. I guess that once we find the school then we'll know what area to look at for housing but we'd like family friendly. Any advice or thoughts would be gratefully received. Thank you!

Smith's picture

Singapore is well equipeed to deal with the needs of expat children and you'll find an overwhelming number of options available. 

How old are your kids? How long do you plan on staying in Singapore? These are the type of questions you'll have to factor in when choosing a school.

Also remember that many schools in Singapore are oversubscribed, especially international schools so I'd advise you to start the application process asap.

When I was choosing schools for my kids last year, I found this Singapore Schools Guide really useful. 

Smith

Read more posts about Singapore