Finding work in Singapore

vinay's picture
By vinay - Posted on
10 November 2017

Hi, My name is Vinay .. I am from Hyderabad (India).. my condition as of now i am seeking to go Singapore since past 1 year , but based on my home financial situation it is impossible to go to SG and start searching job without giving any monthly income to my parents as we are stuck with some personal problems. however, i never stopped searching jobs online, but due to no work visa/ permit i dint got single response yet. As of now, I'm a B-tech graduate I have complete 3+ years of experience in ''AML / KYC / Compliance (Risk Fraud Operations)'' and recently joined in to the new company which is of 6 months contract which will be ending in January, and i am worried after my 6 months duration my non-employment period will be increasing day-by-day also my financial status. i want to settle in Singapore to clear all debts on my family and want to see my parents and feel proud for me.
With this letter i would like to know from your people that it is advisable to visit on Singapore and search for job will be better option for me or not ? ( please note i don’t have any dependent visa ) if yes, i have to take risk on tourist visa to find employer to hire me and sponsor work permit for me.

Kindly suggest i m professional Risk Fraud Analyst (detecting fraud going on line (Gaming websites,Bank transactions...etc)) from 3+ yrs experience. seeking to work in singapore.

Your valuable feedback will be highly appreciated also set path to my life.

Vinay.

EmmaL's picture

Hi Vinay

Firstly, read our guide to working in Singapore. Have you tried contacting recruitment agents? Finding a job can be a lengthy process, and you'll only see results through trial and error. If you do decide to go to Singapore on a tourist visa in order to find a job, keep in mind that they will ask you your reasons for visiting, and it's never a good idea to lie to immigration officials.

Hope this helps,

Read more posts about Singapore