Sign in to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

How Expats Can Find Rental Accommodation In Singapore

MsGoh's picture
By MsGoh - Posted on
13 November 2017

May I know how an Expat can rent a place in Singapore?
Appreciate if someone can guide me

MS Goh

Anonymous's picture

Hi MS Goh,

For Expat(s) WORKING & STAYING in Singapore, one of the following Work Pass Cards shall be required :-
1. Work Permit
2. S Pass
3. Employment Pass
4. EntrePass

For Expat(s) RESIDING & STUDYING in Singapore, one of the following Immigration Pass Cards shall be required :-
1. Student's Pass
2. Long Term Pass
3. Dependant's Pass

Once you've secured any of the above via Singapore's ICA (Immigration & Checkpoint Authority) or MOM (Ministry of Manpower), only then you will be eligible to rent a place in Singapore for the period of 1 year or 2 years (depending on the validity period as stipulated on the Passes).

WELCOME To Singapore !!


Your rating: None Average: 3 (1 vote)
sanchez1234's picture
Last seen: 4 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 17/01/2018

You can check out places to rent serviced apartments on this website:

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)

Post new comment

Please only respond to the original question. If you have a new question, click here
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

Comment Note

If you are not logged in, your comment will first be moderated before showing up on the page. Thanks for being patient. Please don't resubmit your comment when you don't see it appear immediately.

If you browser seems to hang when submitting a comment, please click here and reload the main Q and A Forum Page.

Read more posts about Singapore

Search Expat Arrivals

Become our local expat expert for your area!

Become our local expat expert for your area! We are looking for contributors to help make this the ultimate guide for expats. Get in touch if you can provide useful info on your city or answer forum questions from new expats.
Find out more.

Got a question about your new country?

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)
, after login or registration your account will be connected.