Best way to get your foot in the door and show your worth in a Singapore working environment?

matt_lloyd's picture
By matt_lloyd - Posted on
14 March 2016

After recently graduating from MBA studies, I'm looking for a sea change and am currently searching for that right opportunity. Singapore has long been a place I would love to relocate, after visiting numerous times the energy and buzz created by the city has drawn me in. I have in excess of 10 years experience in property and project management (numerous commercial roles) and in addition to my MBA I have successfully graduated from MPV (Master of Property Valuation) and MaPV (Master of Applied Project Management). I've contacted a select number of recruitment companies in Singapore to which none have replied or even acknowledged receipt of contact. Based on this experience I'm wondering if there is a better angle to infiltrate the job market. Being an expat and understanding the processes involved in finding talent, I'm hoping some experiences will be shared, ultimately pointing me in the right direction. Thank you for reading this post and your timely feedback.

Hi Matt

Do you have any connections in Singapore? Have you done business there in the past? Often speaking with those you've previously worked with can help alert you to job opportunities in a place you are somewhat unfamilar with.

To get some insight into business etiquette in Singapore I would suggest taking a look at this Doing Business in Singapore page. 

Anonymous

I would like to move with my children to Singapore if my offer is less than 5000 what is the best way to take me with there are school going. I have corporate governance ICSA. I have been looking at the Accounting jobs and they offer less.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Tracey

Read more posts about Singapore