Posted by mussy123
I dont understand the system can you help me. Am I able to get FWP (Foreign working Permit) Im thinking of immigrating and being a Foreign Maid either for 'Ayi ' Company I am native speaker of English and speak some Chinese not conversational yet but more than basic if you understand ( I am not Chinese). Whats Beijing like for Foreign Ayi (maid)? How much would someone like me from a Western country likely be paid in Shanghai ie. outside centre in city centre?
mussy123 on 8 Apr 2017
But its only for working for relatives right? Ionly have friends there no relatives.
Belinda H. on 6 Apr 2017
Hi, there

Yes, the Foreigner's Work Permit does include foreign maids. For an idea of what Beijing is like for foreigners, why don't you take a look at our guide on Moving to Beijing.

You should research the average pay for ayiin Beijing. When it comes to working for expats, the fact that English is your first language may be in your favour.