Can anyone help with more information about the B-1 visa for Israel?

stang's picture
By stang - Posted on
16 January 2014

Hi I was on a B1 spousal visa for Israel not a work visa but I got a job in Dec. Now I am in a complex situation - The Israeli government want my company to pay employment tax, which is 20% on top of my gross salary. As far as I know, most people moving to Israel already have a job, but people like me on spousal visa need to find themselves a job.

What kind of company wants to hire or even give an interview to someone who they need to pay 20% tax for ? Why are there such different processes for the two B1 visas? 

I am afraid I will lose this job offer soon, and this tax will continue to be a problem when I look for a job?

Is this really the case? Is there anyway to get around this situation if one is on a sposal visa.

Please help.

Anonymous

Which age is eligible for b-1visa

Read more posts about Israel