Can I stay in Budapest with residence permit after quitting job?

Dhanya Deepak's picture
By Dhanya Deepak - Posted on
06 June 2014

Hi, I'm working with an IT company in Budapest and now I'm planning to quit my job this month. Can i stay in Hungary after quitting my job , 'coz I've have residence permit till 2015. Thanks in advance. Dhanya

saugat gurung's picture

I'm planning to be move in hungary citizen How much Huf Do i need to have to live in hungary

Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago

Hi Saugut,

What salary will you be earning in Hungary?

The answer to your question regarding cost of living in Hungary depends entirely on your lifestyle and the standard of living you are accustomed to. The best thing I can suggest is to draw up a rough list of your typical monthly expenses and use tools such as Expatistan and Numbeo to get the costs of common expenses. Then plug the numbers you find there into your list, add them up, and you'll have an estimate of how much money you'll need.

Bear in mind that cost of living can vary slightly depending on where in Hungary you live. For instance, living in the capital, Budapest, will be more expensive than living in a smaller town or city. For a broad idea of common expenses, please see our page on Cost of Living in Hungary.

Best of luck with your move.

Read more posts about Hungary