How can I get a B1 visa even though I am unable to prove my Jewish roots?

Naomi Sieval's picture
By Naomi Sieval - Posted on
19 June 2014

My name is Naomi Sieval, i am from Holland and i have been trying to get in contact with the misrad hapnim in Tel Aviv for over a month now. However, every single time people working for the Israeli government are directing me to different departments, which are opposite from each other. Last thursday i went to the israeli embassy in the hague in holland. and they told me that in order for me to get what i need i need to contact the misrad hapnim in person. Unfortunately no one is answering the phone (i tried multiple times with Dutch and Israeli phone numbers on several days). I am not jewish from my moms side, however there are jewish roots in my family coming from my fathers side.(unfortunately i dont have proof for that) Im seriously reconsidering to do gioer after the studies im doing at the moment. For my studies (Hotelschool the hague) i am required to go on internship in a 4 or 5 star hotel in the world for half a year. I chose Israel for a research and getting to know the culture for my decision to do gioer. I had contact with Hilton Tel Aviv and i got hired for half a year for F&B in the hotel. (see attached) The only thing i need left is a B1 work-visa. student visa is not possible. Several people i know jewish and non-jewish al had an appointment with the misrad hapnim in tel aviv handed in specific kind of documents and received a B1 work-visa in a week and a half after. i want an appointment in the first week of August with the misrad hapnim in tel aviv. because the hotel wants me to start working halfway in August. Which documents do i need more besides the ones below? I have in possession: letter from the hotel that im going to work there. : filled in application form for entry in Israel : letter from my school that it is for trainee purposes I trust i will recieve an answer this time, looking forward to your reply. Sincerely yours, Naomi Sieval

Hi Naomi,

Anyone with a confirmed job offer in Israel can apply for a B1, regardless of wether they are Jewish or not. 

But the process of applying can be difficult and time-consuming, so you will need to get the ball rolling asap. 

You can read the Visas in Israel page for a more detailed insight into the visa process, however I would advice you to confirm the necessary documents with the Immigration authorities for Israel, as these requirements change on a regular basis.

Good Luck

Anonymous

All I can say is good luck with the Misrad HaPnim. Took me 8 months to get my girls Aliya approved, even though the Misrad HaKlita had authorised them, and put them on my Teudat Oleh.
In the end the only way I could get it done without spending $10K+ on lawyers and DNA tests, was through head of the branch office, who knew somebody who owed my brother a favour.
Israel... get used to it.

Read more posts about Israel