Do expats feel safe in São Paulo?!  I've been reading horror stories in my guidebook! 
DavidC on 14 Apr 2011
Hi there. Yes, yes, São Paulo is famous for being dangerous: guidebooks and locals alike will warn time and again. However, it IS a megalopolis and as such, I think safety simply requires a bit of street smarts and common sense. I know where I’m headed beforehand and walk with purpose, I watch my belongings and surroundings, and I don’t wear flashy clothes or accessories (I try not to leave the house with anything I can’t afford to lose!). I don’t own a car which not only saves me from hassle but, I believe, makes me less of a target. An interesting observation, though: in Brazil I am more cognizant of avoiding robberies, whereas in Chicago -- where I went to school -- I was more alert to the dangers of rape. Don't know if any other expats feel the same, but for some reason, I feel like crime in São Paulo will always be directed at my possessions, and not my person.
Anonymous (not verified) on 13 Feb 2013
please i need the address of the hsbc bank and the name of the agent to recieve my fund here in sao paulo, brasil,..
Anonymous (not verified) on 4 Mar 2013
Sao Paulo has the lowest crime rate among the capital cities of Brazil. And most crime here is directed towards theft and robberies, not at attacking the person.