Which visa do I need to study and work in Austria?

ashtonkobler's picture
By ashtonkobler - Posted on
09 June 2016

Hello, I am a Canadian living in Australia with my Aussie husband. I am looking to apply to a graduate program at the University of Vienna. The visas/working rights, etc. are so confusing to me as there is no student visa!

What do you think the best way to go about this is? How can I move and gain working rights while studying? My husband can continue to do his job remotely in Vienna so working rights for him are not a problem. What must he do though to get a residence permit? Should we move and then apply or apply from Australia in advance? I heard that you have to prove accommodation for up to 1 year, how is this possible? I'd love to hear from someone that has done this! Thanks very much!

Read more posts about Austria