Halo! I just came from the Philippines and I was wondering where I can find a job in Zurich that is English speaking. In addition to that, I am not in the field of banking or IT. Thanks!
Shantalie on 20 Aug 2012
Hi Maki,

While Zurich is a popular destination for expats working in the financial sector there are still job opportunities for those with other skills even if you don't speak Swiss German!

Your best option would be to search online for a job opportunities. Lots of English-speaking work in Zurich teaching English (although you'll need a degree and a CELTA qualification) and also as nannies and au pairs. For more useful information - please take a look at the Expat Arrivals Working in Zurich page for more information. If you do get a job you'll also need to consider your work visa requirements so 

I hope this helps.

Maki Cheng on 26 Aug 2012
Thank you vey much for the useful information. With regard to the work visa, do I still need it even thought I am already a Swiss Citizen? Thanks in advance.
Shantalie on 27 Aug 2012
Hey Maki,

You will not need a work via if you are a swiss citizen and that will make it much easier to find a job. 

Best of luck with your job hunt ! Hope you find something soon.
Maki Cheng on 27 Aug 2012
Thank you so much and I hope too that I will find something that will fit with my experiences.