Can I open a bank account in Indonesia?

Jonny's picture
By Jonny - Posted on
13 February 2013
Hello

Can anyone help me with this? I'm moving to Jakarta and need to know if I can open a bank account there. I'm Irish, are foreigners allowed to have bank accounts in Indo?

Thanks
Candice's picture

Cape Town

Cape Town

Candice's Website
Hi Jonny

Yes you can definitely open a bank account in Indonesia as a foreigner. You can also get a credit card if you need to, but be aware that credit card fraud is a problem in Indo.

Have a look at our page on Banking, money and taxes in Indonesia to find out everything you need to know about opening a bank account in Indonesia. We have listed all the documents required and also explain how expats in Indonesia are taxed.

I hope this helps.

Candice
Your rating: None Average: 4.3 (3 votes)
Anonymous

Hi Jonny, you will need your work permit and stay permit before you can open a bank account. There are plenty of options available with local and foreign banks but you need to have that document in place

Anonymous

of course you can open bank account in jakarta by using kitas, please do not hesitate to contact me lunaskaya@yahoo.com

stephanusjonathan's picture

yes, you can open bank account by using kitas, please do not hesitate to contact me: lunaskaya@yahoo.com

Read more posts about Indonesia