Does medical test for Taiwan work visa include hepatitis B check?

googleit's picture
By googleit - Posted on
16 November 2016

I am getting a offer from software company from taiwan.
but I am hepatitis B carrier can I clear medical test for work visa and ARC.do they check hepatitis B in medical test?

is any one experienced the same.

please help as this be taking risk if it fails in medical test.

Smith's picture

As far as I know the medical test doesn't include hepatitis. They check your lungs via x-ray (for signs of TB) and they do a blood test for HIV, and sometimes a few other tests. They'll also probably ask for proof of any vaccinations you've had in the past. It would be a good idea to speak to someone at your local Taiwanese embassy to find out for sure whether they test for hepatitis, though, as I've heard that sometimes an STD test is run - but I get the feeling this info is out of date, so I'm not sure if it's true.

Read more posts about Taiwan