Possible to expedite process for residence visa for Taiwan?

j_johnson90's picture
By j_johnson90 - Posted on
08 September 2016

I am planning to teach in Taiwan and already have my work permit from the school that hired me. Unfortunately, it's a rather arduous process and time is running out. The school is looking for ways to expedite the process for me as am I. I have been informed that it might be possible for the school to apply for the visa there for me and forward the information to the consulate. I want to know if this is possible and if there are any other ways to gain this residence visa. Any advice and tips would be really welcome.

Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago

It is most important to have a valid work permit, which you already have. You should be able to enter the country (depending on your nationality, you may or may not need to apply for a visitors visa to do so), apply for a residence permit there and work while you wait for it to be processed. You can click here for more info.

Read more posts about Taiwan