I'm an expat living in the USA and I'm very worried about the results of the US election. What will the situation be like for expats in America now that Trump has won? I know he plans to implement anti-immigration policies but what about existing expats already in the country?

Please help with any info!

- Kate
DR SSAKAH (not verified) on 9 Nov 2016
No it will be fine just like a new president he can never be arrogant.Also the party can't give him all authority to do things his way in order to keep a good party image.
Meagan on 9 Nov 2016
Hey Kate,

At the moment it's unclear what exactly the implications will be, which is partly what makes the situation more worrying. According to Trump's professed plans for immigration policy, undocumented/illegal immigrants and those with criminal records will be targeted, so as long as you're in the country legally, you hopefully won't have anything to worry about.

You can click here for an article about Trump's and Clinton's stances on immigration - bear in mind it was written before the conclusion of the election, though, so not all of it is still relevant, but I think it's a concise and easy-to-understand summary of his views.

DR SSAKAH (not verified) on 9 Nov 2016
nice one @ Meagan