Sign in to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

New visa regulations in Turkey...please help?

Anya's picture
By Anya - Posted on
17 July 2014
I've heard that you can no longer get a visa for Turkey at the port of entry and have to apply before coming to the country. Can anyone confirm this. What about if coming to live and work in Turkey? As an EU citizen, do I need a work permit?
Anonymous's picture

Hi Anya
Yes you do need a work permit. If you are going to live in Turkey and you are staying you will need a residency visa. Your holiday visa will only last for 90 days at one time. The visa you will need initially is done online and is called an EVISA done through the turkish government online. Hope this is useful Good Luck.Helen

Your rating: None

Post new comment

Please only respond to the original question. If you have a new question, click here
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

Comment Note

If you are not logged in, your comment will first be moderated before showing up on the page. Thanks for being patient. Please don't resubmit your comment when you don't see it appear immediately.

If you browser seems to hang when submitting a comment, please click here and reload the main Q and A Forum Page.

Read more posts about Turkey

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)
, after login or registration your account will be connected.