Hi, we are expat family with 3 children moving to Istanbul fro Dhaka this summer.My kids will be attending Lycee Pierre Loti (French school within AEFE network). It is located on Haydar Aliyev Caddesi no:128 TARABYA. My eldest son who will be 11th grade next school year was attending American School in Dhaka. So my questions are :
1. Which school (American or British) can you recommend for my son? Preferably located nearby to the above mentioned French school.
2. Is the location of French school good for living?
3. What about school transportation arrangements in those school? As per my understanding there is a separate company to deal with. What is more convenient to arrange own or to deal with company?
Thanks in advance, with best regards, Nigora
doadem on 30 Jun 2015
Hi, 1. There are only a few international schools in Istanbul, you can see them all on education/schools section. British city campus may be the closest, but I don't think they have grades 11/12. I think those grades are only available at their far location (Zekeriyakoy). Keystone school's Camlica campus is probably the closest to your location, however their highest grade for this year is grade 10. IICS (hadimkoy) is way to far. So I think British school in zekeriyakoy is the best alternative. 2. Pierre Loti is a great school in a great location, however i am not sure its the best fit for a family living. 3. Transportation is almost always provided by all schools. School bus companies have agreements with different schools, but this is not a concern for you, they are generally very professional and the schools are responsible of the service the bus company provides. You will get the information from the school and then you can see if it makes sense to use the school bus or arrange private car pooling with a few other students around your area. Sometimes this makes more sense to cut on the time spent in the bus. My suggestion is to find a living arrangement as close as possible for both schools. All the best
zeyban on 24 Dec 2017
Check this website regularly before you move: By Owner Turkey ( www.byownerturkey.com) isTurkey’s first and sole classifieds site in the English language with thousands of live ads in a wide range of categories – real estate, vacation rentals, hotels & travels, cars, jobs and everything in between. We’re proud to provide a platform that connects people of Turkey with expats and tourists living in and visiting Turkey. REGISTER FOR FREE and POST ADS FREE!!!