Posted by Bhaswati
In which town or city do most expats who are originally from India mostly live?
Cayley on 28 Apr 2016
Hi Bhaswati,

There is a vast mix of cultures and nationalities scattered across Malaysia, but a large number of expats settle in the capital, Kuala Lumpur, and there is also a significant expat community in Johor Bahru.

For more information on moving to Kuala Lumpur, see our guide on the city's areas and suburbs.

Cayley
Anonymous (not verified) on 12 Aug 2016
I really would appreciate advice on this. My sons girlfriend of 3 years has recently secured a 12month employment in the Maps Theme park in Malasia. My son (20 years old) was hoping to go out and look for unskilled work to stay with her. I can't see any working/holiday visas, is there a visa that will allow him to do this in Malasia? Thank you
Meagan on 18 Aug 2016

He would need to secure some kind of work permit - this may be tricky as the Malaysian government has strict regulations on the hiring of foreign workers. Our page on Work Permits for Malaysia has more information.

There's always the option of him going to visit her on a tourist visa, but a tourist visa wouldn't give him the right to work - if it's possible for him to go there and have financial support of some kind, this might be the best option. The process for getting a tourist visa differs quite a bit according to the applicant's nationality - he may be able to apply for a visa at the border or may have to apply in advance from home at a Malaysian embassy or consulate. The maximum length of stay on a tourist visa also depends on nationality. You can take a look at Visas for Malaysia for an overview on tourist and other visas.