Sign in to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Necessary documents for a US Visa?

adewumi adeyinka's picture
By adewumi adeyinka - Posted on
26 March 2013

I am from Nigeria and I have a friend who wants to invite me to the USA for a visit. Please tell me what documents I need to prepare and what documents she will need to send me ?


Catherine's picture
Last seen: 1 week 4 hours ago
Joined: 08/03/2012

Living in:
South Africa

South Africa

Catherine's Website
Hi there, as a Nigerian citizen you'll need a visa to enter the USA. If you're going to be travelling there to visit your friend on holiday you'll need a visitor visa. As part of the visa application, you must prove that you are only intending to stay in the USA for the short term by showing evidence of funds to cover you expenses, evidence of compelling economic and social ties abroad and evidence that you have a residence outside of the USA. To read more about what you need for a US visas see our page on Visas for the USA.

I also suggest that you contact your nearest US embassy or consulate for the latest details and forms etc to start the application for your visa. 
Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)

Post new comment

Please only respond to the original question. If you have a new question, click here
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

Comment Note

If you are not logged in, your comment will first be moderated before showing up on the page. Thanks for being patient. Please don't resubmit your comment when you don't see it appear immediately.

If you browser seems to hang when submitting a comment, please click here and reload the main Q and A Forum Page.

Read more posts about The USA

Search Expat Arrivals

Become our local expat expert for your area!

Become our local expat expert for your area! We are looking for contributors to help make this the ultimate guide for expats. Get in touch if you can provide useful info on your city or answer forum questions from new expats.
Find out more.

Got a question about your new country?

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)
, after login or registration your account will be connected.