- Purchase the complete Expat Arrivals New Zealand Guide (PDF)
New Zealand embassies
New Zealand Embassy, Washington DC, United States: +1 202 328 4800
New Zealand High Commission, London, United Kingdom (also responsible for Ireland): +44 20 7930 8422
New Zealand High Commission, Ottawa, Canada: +1 613 238 5991
New Zealand High Commission, Canberra, Australia: +61 2 6270 4211
New Zealand High Commission, Pretoria, South Africa: +27 12 435 9000
Foreign embassies in New Zealand
United States Embassy, Wellington: +64 4 462 6000
British High Commission, Wellington: +64 4 924 2888
Canadian High Commission, Wellington: +64 4 473 9577
Australian High Commission, Wellington: +64 4 473 6411
South African High Commission, Wellington: +64 4 815 8484
Irish Embassy, Wellington: +64 4 471 2252
►Read the Visas for New Zealand page for information about how to enter the country.
Are you an expat living in New Zealand?
Expat Arrivals is looking for locals to contribute to this guide, and answer forum questions from others planning their move to New Zealand. Please contact us if you'd like to contribute.
Expat Health Insurance
Our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats,
Cigna is currently giving away a free health and wellbeing module with their Silver, Gold, and Platinum policies. The main benefits of the module are :
- Routine adult physical examinations - Access to a full suite of physical examinations including BMI, cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure tests
- Cancer screenings - Including bowel, prostate, breast, lung, skin, and cervical cancer
- Telephonic Wellness Coaching – Access to a personal coach to support your nutrition, fitness, sleep, stress, weight management, or tobacco cessation goals
- Life Management Assistance Programme access - 24/7 client service access to Life Coaching and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.