Expert Info

Posted by JPL
on 19 Oct 2016
me and my fiancé have one child almost 2years. we are gay getting married soon. want to do farming in New Zealand(buying our own farm)I am from South Africa and he is from Mexico. what do we have to do to obtain permanent residency. Please help
Anonymous (not verified) on 10 Nov 2016 - 03:17
Hello JPL. If you are not a New Zealand resident you need approval from the Overseas Investment Office for purchases of more than five hectares (12.5 acres) of land. The Immigration department website at will have the information you will need. I also suggest that you perhaps visit the region(s) you plan to buy in and talk to farmers there - farming in Otago high country can be very different to farming in coastal Northland. Being able to show evidence of planning will help when dealing with government officials. In some areas it can be hard make friends if you're not joining in sports teams or hobby groups. Visit the types of places you'd go as a family or a couple and see how what you think of the social climate.

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global

If you’re thinking about taking out private health insurance, our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats, which you can tailor exactly to the needs and ensure access to quality care for you and your family.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!