Expert Info

Posted by EviSavi
on 17 Nov 2021

We move the colleague from Russia to Bosnia/Sarajevo for the Director position. Service of the foreigners tells that the spouse can't possess the Visa D and residence permit for the first year of the husband's employment. I can't imagine the husband and children stay in Sarajevo without wife/mom. Is it the real situation with the legislation? may be there some options to have the spouse with the family legally?

Carla Verfaille on 29 Nov 2021 - 13:34

Hi there, 

From my research it seems that you may be able to bypass these laws through either a Letter of Invitation or Temporary Residence through Family Reunification. I recommend having a look at this Minisitry of Security website page. All the information I have been able to find is listed on this page. I don't see why one of these two laws shouldn't be able to assist you in this situation. 

I hope this helps and that you come right. 

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global

Cigna Global can tailor an international health insurance plan to perfectly fit the needs of you and your family. With 86 million customers in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!