Posted by Justintime
Dear expats and natives, I've accepted a job offer in the Antwerp region and might relocate there soon. However, I have few questions that keep tormenting me: - is a salary of approx. 4000 eur net (14 times) enough to live a good life? Consider that almost 1/3 will be gone to keep paying for a property I own in the country I am coming from. - where is best to live? And what renting costs should I expect? I will be relocating alone since my spouse will join me in 1 year, so I would be OK with a studio or small flat to start with. - how is living in that region? Expat community, are people friendly, etc. Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Anonymous (not verified) on 18 Nov 2016 - 21:48
Hello Just-in-time, I hope you have found a nice place in Antwerp in the mean time. Just to add: with a salary of 4000 euro net, you can live quite well in Belgium :) Did you know that only 35% of the Belgian people at working age are lucky to earn 3400 euro or more? And that 63% of the people at working age earn less? With a salary your range, you'll be part of the higher middle class here :) Enjoy your time in oure great city of Antwerp!

“Aetna

Aetna

Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.