I am a resident of Mallorca and I have a NIE number. I'm unemployed, 59 and married to a retired a teacher. My husband has private medical insurance with Sanitas, but I am ineligible for any private insurance because I had cancer 4 years ago but I am now for the last happily clear of this for the last 3.5 y.ears. Currently I cannot get any health cover - and it's worrying me greatly. I know you can make monthly payments into the Spanish mainland health care system but I don't know how I can go about arranging this in Mallorca. Do I need to go to Gestoria? Do I have to apply for residencia even though I have a NIE? There are so many conflicting opinions on this. I am happy to pay-in to the Mallorcan health care system Any help on this would be greatly received. Thank you, Denise

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue