I am a resident of Mallorca and I have a NIE number. I'm unemployed, 59 and married to a retired a teacher. My husband has private medical insurance with Sanitas, but I am ineligible for any private insurance because I had cancer 4 years ago but I am now for the last happily clear of this for the last 3.5 y.ears. Currently I cannot get any health cover - and it's worrying me greatly. I know you can make monthly payments into the Spanish mainland health care system but I don't know how I can go about arranging this in Mallorca. Do I need to go to Gestoria? Do I have to apply for residencia even though I have a NIE? There are so many conflicting opinions on this. I am happy to pay-in to the Mallorcan health care system Any help on this would be greatly received. Thank you, Denise

“Aetna

Aetna

Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.