Expert Info

Posted by
on 6 Jul 2014
I am an RN licensed in NYS I am going to graduate with a masters of acupuncture from PCOM (NY)this year I would like to inquire if I can work in the South of France i speak french fluently
Anonymous (not verified) on 7 Jul 2014 - 08:53
Hi Amar

Your eligability to work in France will depend on your nationality. If you hold an EU passport you do not need a work permit to take up employement in France. If you are from outside of the EU, the process is more complicated and you will need to apply for the relavent permit.  The process is notriously difficult and you will need to get a job before relocating and the employer will need to prove that your skills could not be found within the EU. 

To find out more about the process check out Work Permits for France.

Let me know if you have more questions.


Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global Health Insurance.

Medical insurance specifically designed for expats. With Cigna, you won't have to rely on foreign public health care systems, which may not meet your needs. Cigna allows you to speak to a doctor on demand, for consultations or instant advice, wherever you are in the world. They also offer full cancer care across all levels of cover, and settle the cost of treatments directly with the provider.

Get a quote from Cigna Global – 10% off

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo logo

International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes from select removal companies now!