Posted by jcpiso
Good Day! I’m moving to Nigeria for two years and I would like to have a couple of questions answered is possible. If I need to send money home as I would like to keep my SA bank account, what is the best way to do it and the cheapest? Will it be better to have a bank account in Nigeria or can they pay it directly into my SA account (Absa) I will be staying in Ikeja. Second Question, What do the expats use to prevent malaria, a person can not drink to medication provided by doctors permanently as I heard very bad things with regards to drinking it long term? Thank you
Shantalie on 14 Apr 2016 - 09:49
Hi jscpiso

Have you spoken to your employer about an option to be paid into your SA account?

It'll ultimatley be up to them. You'll probably be better off being paid into a Nigerian account so you avoid be charged for international transfers.

Reaf the Banking, Money and Taxes in Nigeria page for more information. 

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue