Is there anyone who has experience as an expat in Malawi?

A friend and I have an opportunity to do volunteer work out there over the university holidays but we are just concerned about safety and culture shock? Will we be able to get on, ok? I've never been out to Africa!

Please offer your insights!

A
Shantalie on 14 Sep 2016
Hi Anya,

Malawi is a developing country but if you follow the necessary safety precautions. Lilongwe is becoming a more popular destination for expat volunteers.

You can check out one expat's experiences in this interview. Hopefully, it'll give you some useful insights.

Good luck.

darjo16 on 16 Sep 2019

I am asking the same question...how safe do you feel in Malawi these days? I am looking to volunteer soon.

Thx, Darcy