Is there anyone who has experience as an expat in Malawi?

A friend and I have an opportunity to do volunteer work out there over the university holidays but we are just concerned about safety and culture shock? Will we be able to get on, ok? I've never been out to Africa!

Please offer your insights!

A
Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Sep 2016 - 08:13
Hi Anya,

Malawi is a developing country but if you follow the necessary safety precautions. Lilongwe is becoming a more popular destination for expat volunteers.

You can check out one expat's experiences in this interview. Hopefully, it'll give you some useful insights.

Good luck.

darjo16 on 16 Sep 2019 - 01:12

I am asking the same question...how safe do you feel in Malawi these days? I am looking to volunteer soon.

Thx, Darcy

“Aetna

Aetna

Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.