Posted by alessandrabove
on 7 Mar 2017

Hello everybody!

I am an italian girl who decided to make the move and go to Berlin.

Obviously I am gonna need to find a job, but I am not sure how to get started!

I am fluent in English and Russian and I have a good knowledge of Spanish and French. Most of the work I have done since graduating two years ago has been at the front office, but travels and working experiences abroad have provided me with a pretty good international background.

However, I am slightly anxious about the possibility of getting a job without speaking German.

Do you guys think I will be able to find a job without speaking German? Are there support worker recruitment agencies who help English speakers expats in getting a job? Do you have any tips about it?

I would be really grateful for any helpful information you could give me!

Alessandra

Meagan on 7 Mar 2017 - 11:45
Hi Alessandra,

Berlin can be a difficult place to find work, but you won't necessarily need to be well-versed in German to get a job (although a basic knowledge of the language will help). We have a very detailed page that has info on the job market and how to find a job: Working in Berlin. Our page on Working in Germany also provides a more general overview of how to find a job in Germany.

Are you in Germany already or is this a move you plan to make in the future?