Moving to bulgaria???? Is it a good idea or a bad idea???? We are looking to live off the land and be completely self sufficient as we can be we are just looking to meet new people aswell and have some help as I'm quite frightened about the idea as I know no one other than my husband and I am concerned for my children hope someone can help put my mind at ease or give me an insight as to what bulgarian farm life is really like x x x. Thankyou everyone x
Shantalie on 5 Jan 2015
Hi Thelilleypad,

Bulgaria is becoming an increasingly popular expat destinations especially amongst Europeans looking for holiday homes or a cheaper cost of living.

When it comes to meeting people in a new place, I would suggest using Internations or Meetup which have social groups for people new to a place or interested in certain activities. 

You might find this Expat Check List a useful resource for planning a move overseas.