Hi there

I may be going on a two year assignment with my company to Belgium. I should be getting an educational allowance, but would like to get a better idea of what my options are. Any insights would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance,

B.
Xavier on 27 Aug 2014
Hi Belinda

The schools in Belgium are generally of a very good standard in both the public and private sectors. 

Most expats who move to Belgium on a temporary basis choose to send their children to an international school. This usually makes for a more seamless transition when arriving in and leaving their school in Belgium, but it is usually expensive.

Have a look at these, which will give you a good overview of the Belgian education system, and list a few schools you might want to consider:

Education and Schools in Belgium
Education and Schools in Brussels
International Schools in Brussels

Best of luck,

Xavier