I'm an artist moving to Berlin for inspiration. I want to know which areas I should look for accommodation in. I'm in my 20s and my budget isn't huge so I need to find an affordable place. 

Also what are the best ways to find accommodation ? Do I look online or do I need to pay a agent to help me? I don't speak German so I wouldn't really know where to start.

Please help!
bobb on 15 Jul 2016 - 12:29
Depending on your budget there are several areas to stay. 1. Friedrichshain Is a very stylish place to live, especially for young people. Prices are already quite high. 2. Prenzlauer Berg The prices are high as well and the areas offers a very convenient surrounding with lots of bars, restaurant etc. It´s another "in place" to live. 3. Wedding The Wedding in the former western part of Berlin is becoming another new area to live. Still occupied by many people of e.g. turkish origin, it slowly changes into an area like Friedrichshain, but it will still take some years. At the moment aparments are cheaper and you will find many good stores with exotic food. I would suggest to first look online without an agent. There are of course many shared apartments, which you might find here: http://www.wg-gesucht.de (only German). Good luck!
Anonymous (not verified) on 7 Jul 2016 - 23:50
Hubby and I are moving to Berlin in about 6 month. He does speak German. Where is good area to find an apartment?
Bobby_C on 27 Jul 2017 - 12:24
Thanks Bobb, your post is very helpful! I had the same query as well.

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global can tailor an international health insurance plan to perfectly fit the needs of you and your family. With 86 million customers in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world. Cigna are offering a 10% discount on all policies bought in November and December.