Hi I was born in the UK but have my Canadian citizenship. Id like to return to Calgary with my husband and two young children. My husband works in management in the sustainable materials industry (building materials, concrete etc) I am a Police Officer. We'd like to know what the job sector is like for building and sustainable materials industry? kind regards Vanessa Wheeler
Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Jul 2014 - 09:32
Hi Vanessa,

I think it would be a good idea to contact companies that operate within you husbands field of work to find out more about the sustainable materials industry and potential vacanies suitable for him.

Generally speaking, Calgary has a stronge economy which is growing steadily. The energy sector is the heart of Calgary's job market and anything related to oil is a good field to work in. 

You can find out more about job prospects in the city on the Working in Calgary page.

Best of luck with the job hunt.

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell