Good evening I will be moving to Kenya soon maybe in the next few months my other half is going due to business commitments,how safe is it for me to start a new life,I have always lived in the UK but excited about the move but with all the unrest and press reports I am a little concerned,the Nyaili is the area we will be looking at any other places that you could suggest many thanks J
Shantalie on 19 Jun 2014 - 07:00
Hi Julie,

It is understandable that you have concerns regarding safety in Kenya, especially after the terrorist attacks that took place last year. There are certain precautions you will need to take when moving to Mombasa. For instance you will find that most expats hire security guards to protect their homes as crime is high especially in the cities.

To avoid any political unrest, you should steer clear of any political rallys or demonstrations. 

For a more detailed insight check out the Safety in Kenya page.