Expert Info

Posted by Vin03
on 13 Sep 2020

Hi there. 

I am Filipino married to Brazilian and based in Saudi Arabia for work.

I am preparing now for my retirement and I am using to stay in Brazil. I just want to ask about the pension? How can I start to pay so I might get something when I am there.

Or any suggestions.


Melvine Cancisio

Anonymous (not verified) on 16 Sep 2020 - 10:05

Hi Melvine Cancisio, are you planning on moving to Brazil for work some time soon? From what I can understand, those working in Brazil contribute to the state social security system, known under the abbreviation INSS, and employers may deduct this from their employee's salary and this is a part of taxes you pay. Alternatively, there are private pension plans in Brazil too, which anyone can join. While I do not have specific info on the processes of pensions, I will suggest you read this page on Banking, Money and Taxes in Brazil as a starting point. Someone on this forum may also be able to reach out to you. Additionally, you could contact the nearest embassy to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,


Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global

Cigna Global can tailor an international health insurance plan to perfectly fit the needs of you and your family. With 86 million customers in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world. Cigna are offering a 10% discount on all policies bought in November and December.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!